About Us

KEY WORDS

recycling, automotive vehicle, dismantling the end - of - life vehicle.

ABSTRACT

Automobile recycling is a positive contribution to the reduction of many environmental impacts. In fact efficient utilization of resources by reusing discarded materials or
using them as energy sources lessens the impact on the environment due to the depletion of natural resources and the potential pollution related to disposal to landfill. At
present, approximately 75% to 80% of end-of-life vehicles in terms of weight is being recycled. However, the remaining 20% to 25% in weight, consisting of heterogeneous
mix of materials (rubber, glass, textile, etc.) is still being discarded and disposed of as waste in landfills. In order to most effectively utilize the earth’s resources and reduce
the volume of disposable waste, automobile recycling activities must include efforts to further reduce the volume of this waste and promote its reuse at every stage of life
cycle of vehicles. This paper presents car recycling opportunities at the disposal stage.

CITATION INFORMATION

Acta Mechanica Slovaca. Volume 16, Issue 2, Pages 78 – 82, ISSN 1335-2393

DOWNLOAD

  End-of-life Vehicle Recycling at the Disposal Stage

REFERENCES

[1] Directive 2000/53/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 September 2000 on end-of life vehicles

[2] Zoboli R., Regulation and Innovation in the Area of End-of-Life Vehicles, EUR 19598 EN, 2000
[3] Materiał instruktażowy opracowany w ramach projektu współfinansowanego ze środków Unii Europejskiej - Life04 env/pl/, branża motoryzacyjna
[4] Gwiazdowicz M., Problematyka recyklingu samochodów w Polsce oraz w projektowanych przepisach UE, Informacja nr 712, http,//biurose.sejm.gov.pl/teksty/i-712.htm
[5] www.toyota.pl
[6] Bocheński I., Recykling pojazdów samochodowych, Recykling,no 6, 2004
[7] Machnicka – Hławiczka M., Walczak K., Organizacja i projektowania stacji demontażu i recyklingu wyeksploatowanych samochodów, Recykling, no 7, 2003
[8] Bellmann K., Khare A., European Response to Issues in Recycling Car Plastics, Technovation, no 19, 1999, p. 721-734

Latest Issue

ams 2 2016

Download

Guests Online

We have 43 guests and no members online